Make the perfect turkey stuffing!
Okay , I’m not sure how many of you are a fan of turkey stuffing ~ but I myself, can NOT have turkey with out this delicious side dish. Having turkey with out stuffing!?!? 😳 It’s just not the same It’s like having apple pie without ice cream ! You won’t get the WOW factor if your missing the other half – or shall I say the half that makes it whole ☺ Haaa!!! … NOW that’s love for food right there ! Alright … Let’s get back to the recipe here – I been experimenting with this stuffing for years now, and it just keeps getting better and better ! If you have a taste for cooking you’ll know automatically what tastes good with certain ingredients ! So don’t be afraid to try different things with this ~ it’s all up to you. The stuffing that I make Is not stuffed into the turkey. NOW I know your wondering how can this taste good?! With out the turkey flavor in it ? … Just trust me ! And there are also a few
Good reasons why I cook it separately.
Here are 5 reasons I cook the stuffing separately:
1. It’s safer. Stuffing cooked inside the turkey could become contaminated with salmonella if the bird is stuffed too early, if the stuffing is left in too long, or if the stuffing doesn’t come to a high enough temperature while cooking.
2. An unstuffed bird cooks faster. Leaving a turkey unstuffed means air can circulate inside the bird while cooking, resulting in a shorter cooking time overall. I like shorter cooking times!
3. An unstuffed bird cooks more evenly. A stuffed turkey cooks from the outside in, while an unstuffed turkey cooks from the outside in AND the inside out. It’s all about that air flow and heat distribution.
4. It makes more. Let’s be honest, stuffing is one of the yummiest and most popular dishes on the holiday table. Cooking it outside the bird means I’m not limited to the size of the cavity and I can make as much stuffing as I want!
5. It’s just as yummy! Made well, a separately cooked stuffing tastes no less delicious than one cooked inside the bird. In fact, I can’t tell the difference at all. It’s just pure holiday yumminess!
NOW ! To make this simple for you to learn~ I have attached step by step photos with how to make this dish – it’s quite simple just takes a little bit of time. But it’s oooohh sooo worth it ! 😍
Here are the ingredients I used for this specific recipe :
( the last one I used pears instead of apples, I would also love to try using dried cranberry next time. ~ you might want to try this as well )
2 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
1 cup chopped carrots
1-1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons thyme
2 teaspoons rosemary
1 chicken broth cube
1 pack-loaf cubed white bread toasted ( you may also use a baguette )
1 cups crushed walnuts
2 cups turkey broth
How to make the turkey broth :
Whenever you buy a turkey it comes with a packet Inside the turkey that has the neck and the gizzards inside it. I put that in boiling water with some Himalayan pink salt – salt will do just fine. I also cut out some excess turkey skin hanging from the turkey and boil It along with it. I boil everything till the meat from the neck is falling off the bone. Then I break it up and put it back in pot and keep it boiling .
Let’s make the Stuffing :
Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees (F)
Step 1- Toast all the bead cubes till they are nice and brown then set aside.
Step 2- on a medium heated pan melt the butter, add the onions, carrots , celery and the chicken broth cube
Till they become tender usually 5-7 minutes then add the rosemary and thyme turn it off and set it all side .
Now that you set them all aside, you want to align them together so it will be easy to mix it all together :
This is a simple process you just have to alternate it , so you won’t have such a hard time mixing everything together. Put the bread crumbs on the baking dish then add the vegetables 1st :
Now you put the turkey broth :
After this you mix it together so
The bread is moist , then you add the apples and walnuts:
Then you add the 2nd layer of bread and repeat the process as mentioned above :
Once the bread and vegetables are all layered and you have finished mixing in the apples and walnuts it should look like this : just before putting it into
The oven 😉
Cover in foil, in a large oven-safe dish for 30 minutes, then uncovered and baked for another 10 minutes. So
The top is crispy and the stuffing inside is nice and moist ! Mmmmm….
And it’s should look like this ! ❤❤❤
The final outcome 👍
I hope you guys enjoy making it and do try to make it next thanksgiving !!! This was the longest recipe I had to put together ! 😱 ahhhhhh…….