Pasta with bolognese sauce
Soo I am in Hong Kong for a couple of days visiting my sister, and whenever I’m on a trip it’s always such a privilege for me to be able to cook for my family ! My sister loves pasta so I decided to make one of her favorite sauces which is the bolognese sauce.
~Bolognese sauce is an Italian meat-based sauce for pasta which originates in Bologna, a city in Northern Italy. It is a thick, full-bodied meat sauce that’s a staple of northern Italy’s Bologna.
Now,with this particular sauce I just made use of what we had in the kitchen and that is what I will share on this recipe however most recipes will ask you to add carrots, you may also add whatever you wish or remove whatever you do not fancy either. Sometimes I use bell pepper, or mushrooms . It is really up to you on what flavors you wish to acquire. You may also make this with red wine, you simply add half a cup of red wine when you mix in the broth. I hope you enjoy this Dish! My sister and her husband most certainly did 😍
PS~ the pasta can be of your own choice 😊 homemade is even better. We had pipe rigate, and fetuccini at home so we used that.
Here is the Basics of what I used :
– small cube of butter
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
– 2 bay leaves
– 200g minced beef
– 50ml full cream milk
– 2 large tomatoes cubed
– 1 can tomato paste
– 200ml chicken stock
– pinch freshly ground nutmeg
– 1 box of spaghetti noodles or any pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
– grated parmesan cheese, to serve topped with Danish mozzarella cheese (optional )
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan, Add the onion, garlic, celery, and bay leaves, stirring well. Leave to cook for 8-10 minutes over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender.
2. Turn up the heat and tip in the minced beef , breaking it up well with a wooden spoon. Leave to cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom is browned, then stir again and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown all over and cooked through.
3. Mix in the tomatoes, the tomato paste, chicken stock, nutmeg and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper freshly ground black pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Partially cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the sauce starts to look thick, after 30mins add the milk and mix it all together. You may also use cream if you don’t have milk. 😉
4. To serve, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir in the cooked pasta and pile onto serving plates. Sprinkle over the grated parmesan and the mozzarella and serve. 😊
Now wasn’t that simple !?! 😍❤😍
It came out amazing ! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask !
Hope this recipe is a success for you too. 😉
~ Always Remember ~